ACCESS is a community-based organization in Nakaseke, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life. We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community. We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on:
- Support for vulnerable primary school children and their families through income-generating projects, and subsidized school fees
- Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at The Health Training Institute
- Access to clinical and community-based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs using community health workers
- Community-based research to generate new scientific approaches to health-related challenges.
The ACCESS-EKFS grant is a 3- year grant aimed at developing the research, clinical and educational capacity on NCDs in the rural areas of Nakaseke.
We are looking for a charismatic person to lead and carry forward the project on non-communicable diseases based fulltime in Nakaseke district.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
STATION: Nakaseke District
POSITION TYPE: Contract
REPORTS TO: President ACCESS
NO. OF DIRECT REPORTS: 4
JOB ROLE/ PURPOSE:
Ensure proper delivery of the ACCESS-EKFS project goals
KEY RESULT AREAS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide strategic Leadership and oversee the implementation of the ACCESS-EKFS project
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence in NCD clinics and community-based activities.
- Set timelines and manage the resource for project goals
- Support development of Research, clinical and medical education protocols and SOPs
- Lead, mentor, develop and retain a high-performance staff on the
- Ensure proper stewardship for the EKFS and other research partner resources.
Communications and Research project progress
- Set up regular calls for the EKFS management
- Maintain a database of participants, patients, and staff
- Maintain and develop communication and collaboration with local, district and national government leaders to facilitate EKFS programs
- and integration into the public health sector and MOH level.
- Hold regular meetings with NCD clinic leads, VHTs, Clinicians and project team members
- Oversee the NCD training of clinicians, researchers, VHTs, local and international global health students
- Account for the performance of the Organization against the plan by documenting and presenting periodic performance reports
- Support development of research protocols and SOPs
- Ensure proper implementation of all study protocols across the three NCD clinics and the community level
- Maintain all research correspondence with IRBs and UNCST and ensure that all site studies meet professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Oversee implementation of studies and provide regular well written monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Look out for other grants to supplement current EKFS work on NCDs at ACCESS
- Participate in writing updrafts for publication and maintain the EMR study system with the biostatistician.
- Monitor NCD clinic (s) outputs on a monthly basis using the EMR system
- Set up a CaCx screening program and ensure proper follow-up
- Monitor VHT outputs and give detailed report per month
- Participate and guide patient care and international student training for ACCESS
- Monitor budgetary reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Set up a database for all EKFS grant activities
- Liaise with District and MOH leadership on the dissemination of new findings
- Prepare end of project reports
- Set up and support a community advisory board
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or public health
- A master’s degree in Public Health, Management, epidemiology, or a related field is an added advantage.
- Training in research leadership is desirable
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of work experience in Health and two (2) of which should have been in Research or clinical
- Experience in conducting clinical studies
- Working in remote areas is added advantage
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The jobholders should express Strong research and clinical acumen with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- A high degree of maturity that portrays the good image of ACCESS in all ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people across international borders
- Should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be quick at decision making
- Possess an admirable demeanour that influences behaviour in a multi-disciplinary team
- Have excellent negotiation and networking capabilities
- Should be assertive and emotionally intelligent
- Should express resilience and commitment to work
- Ability to prepare analytical reports and make convincing presentations
- Ability to coach, mentor and guide a team of senior leaders under supervision
- Should have a track record of impeccable integrity
How to Apply:
Fill an online form accordingly by following the link below and thereafter submit your application documents to the e-mail below:
Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification. A high level of integrity while filling the form is required and will be considered during shortlisting.
Please email your application to email@example.com Applications should include academic documents, a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, and three traceable professional references. Combine all application documentation into one PDF document. The deadline is Friday 20th JUN 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions. This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
NB: Please quote the following position description in the subject line of the email: EKFS Project manager
The applications should be addressed to: Principle Investigator EKFS study
Download the advert here