ONE DEPUTY PRINCIPAL AND TWO TUTORS NEEDED
In 2003, a community based organization called ACCESS-Africa Community Center for Social Sustainability was established in Nakaseke.
ACCESS provides a comprehensive model of health care services, education and economic empowerment programs with a focus on children and families affected by the HIV-AIDs to the people of Nakaseke and the greater Luweero triangle in Uganda.
ACCESS is an umbrella of different and integrated projects which include: The community outreach program.
The community clinic (Life Care Center) which offers free services to the ACCESS beneficiaries like orphans and other vulnerable children (OVCs)
The OVC orphan and other vulnerable children support program which support selected children based on different vulnerabilities.
The international coordination program, which manages ACCESS research and collaborations, international student exchange and volunteers capacity building.
THE SCHOOL PROGRAM
The school of Nursing and Midwifery-Nakaseke in dedicated to training NURSES and MIDWIVES.
The main goal of the school is to impact the education levels in the rural Nakaseke District, the greater Luweero Triangle in Uganda. In order to achieve the above objectives to provide a comprehensive model of health care services, education and economic empowerment programs to the people of Nakaseke, greater Luweero triangle in Uganda. Access school of nursing of Midwifery-Nakaseke seeks to recruit three persons to fill one (1) senior Tutor position and two persons to fill the position of Tutor with the qualifications, knowledge, skills and attitudes as described in the following section.
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY PRINCIPAL
Report to the Principal of the School
Classification: Contract type two (2) years (Renewable on good performance)
Duty station: ACCESS School of Nursing and Midwifery-Nakaseke
The Deputy Principal will manage plan and co-ordinate all organizational matters of the academic registrar to support the Principal and other staff to provide quality strategic training of the Nurses and Midwives.
The Principal is absent from the station:
Managing the office of Deputy Principal that includes among others the responsibilities of the academic registrar as far as the activities of advertising for vacancies for students, interview and selection of suitable candidates are concerned. In the same vein organize training programs arranging for both internal and external assessment and supervising contracting all the related activities in the students’ assessment.
• Effectively working in a team with other teaching and non-teaching staff.
• Providing new model for the school populace.
• Protecting all confidential information concerning trainees and avoiding examination leakages.
• Always available when needed at school.
• Guiding and supporting the school’s disciplinary committee.
• Carries out any other duty as the Principal thinks far.
• Advises the Principal on all matters that are related to the training of nurses and midwives at ACCESS.
• Evidence of your professional qualification as a tutor and experience as a Deputy Principal.
• Renewal of practicing license.
• Curriculum vitae
• Reference from 2 (two) reputable personalities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES
• Strong understanding of teaching-learning process.
• Good communication skills, organization & planning.
• Three (3) years of teaching practice in a recognized training institute with favorable reports.
• Problem solving skills.
• Confidentiality of integrate, honest and of a high level of professional ethical conduct.
• Competence in the use of various teaching methodologies.
• Sensitivity to students’ needs and institutional policy requirements.
JOB TITLE: TUTOR (2 POSITIONS)
Reports to Principal of the school
Classification: Contract type: 2 years (Renewable on good performance)
Duty station: Access School of Nursing and Midwifery-Nakaseke
• He/she will plan and manage class room teaching and practical programs.
• He/ she will supervise clinical instructors
• Teach students in the various course units as per curriculum and in line with the prescribed time table.
• Conduct teaching according to principles of teaching notable a scheme of work and lesson plans.
• Maintain records of lectures given, list of students attending and ensuring regular assessment of student and feedback given.
• Ensuring high standards of discipline is maintained among students.
• Providing guidance and counseling to students.
• Participating in all the activities of the school e.g. co-curricular activities, supervision and support of student during theoretical and practicum experience.
• Guiding, supervising and supporting clinical instructors attached to the school.
• Maintaining a role model for the students to immolate form.
• Keeping a breast with current academic affairs so that the students are given up to date information.
• Professional qualifications as Nurse/ Midwife Tutor.
• Evidence of renewal of practicing license.
• Curriculum vitae.
• Referees: 2 reputable personalities.
HOW TO APPLY
• Send application enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications, testimonials along with curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime telephone number email, two recommendation letters, (on letter heads and a cover/support letter not later than 28th. September. 2018)
• Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
THE PRINCIPAL ACCESS SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY NAKASEKE
Tel: +256 782 348 560/ +256 772 472 453